Regulations of Asian Pacific Organization for Lateritic-Nickel Ore (APOL)
Chapter 1. General Rules
1. Organization Name:
Asian Pacific Organization for Lateritic-Nickel Ore(APOL)
本社团是为行业组织內的所有成员提供服务的行业性的非营利性社会组织。经香港社会社团登记管理机关核准登记，取得社会社团法人资格。2. Organization Characters:
This group is non-profit organization providing services to all the members in this industry. It is approved by the registration authorities in Hong Kong and qualified for legal society group.
This organization is initiated by the nickel industry groups as Chaoyang Haotian Non-Ferrous Metals Ltd., Continental Minerals Co., Ltd., Wanbao Mining Ltd., China Certification & Inspection Group Inspection Co. Ltd.(CCIC), Société Générale de Surveillance S.A.(SGS), Harida Mining Group (Indonesia), SR Mining Group Company(Philippines), Huaibei Xinyuan Non-Ferrous Metals Ltd., Honghe Henghao Mining Co. Ltd. and Shanxi Energy Metals & Minerals Resources Co. Ltd..
4. Organization's Objective:
As a non-profit international organization, it will concentrate the wisdom of all the members, implement the industry norms, reduce disputes, establish mutual trust and win-win concept and set up a justice, reasonable and fair trade standards. It aims for providing different services for all the members from different countries in this organization under the Hong Kong law.
Unit 2507,25/F., COSCO Tower, Grand Millennium Plaza, No.183 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong
5. The Organization was registered in Hong Kong.
The Registered legal address is:
Unit 2507, 25/F., COSCO Tower, Grand Millennium Plaza, No.183 Queen’s Road Central, Hong Kong
Chapter 2. Principles of Tasks and Activities
6. Organization Tasks
Launched by the mine owners and manufacturers of different nations, this organization absorbs participations of professional testing groups and agencies to establish an international industrial organization to build a 'just, fair and reasonable industry standard.
7. Principles of Activity
a). The organization will follows this charter, obey the relevant laws, regulations, rules and policy and abide by social morality；
b). The organization will handle various activities honestly and law-abiding without any interest prejudice to any country, any unit or individual；
c). The organization will not engage in any political, religious and commercial activities.
Chapter 3. Organization Members
8. Every member in this organization has freedom to join and retreat membership.
9. The members in this organization should be mine owners, manufacturers, professional testing groups and agencies as well as related companies.
10. The requirements to join this organization will:
a). be companies, social groups or individuals with full civil capacity;
b). accept and acknowledge all the rules of this organization;
c). fill out the application form voluntarily;
d). be approved by council.
11. Members have following rights:
a). to participate in activities of this organization;
b). to have priority access to the services of this organization;
c). to supervise and criticize the work of this organization;
d). to have the freedom to withdraw.
12. Members should fulfill the following obligations:
a). to implement the charter and resolutions of this organization;
b). to safeguard the legitimate rights and interests of this organization;
c). to complete all the work assigned by this organization;
d). to pay annual member fee as requested within time limits.
13. Members should submit a written notice Secretariat office if they want to withdraw from this organization. Members who do not fulfill their obligations within a year can be regarded as automatic withdraw.
14. Members will be disqualified from this organization by the council vote if violating regulations seriously.
Chapter 4. General Assembly and Council
15. The supreme power body of this organization is the General Assembly. Its mandates are:
a). to formulate and revise all the written rules;
b). to elect and disqualify the membership;
c). to determine the activity report and financial report of the council;
d). to decide on other important matters and terminate matters.
16. The General Assembly is usually held once a year. The resolution would be valid while it is voted by more than half of all attendants. During the recess of the general assembly, the council will be responsible for all of the duties of the General Assembly.
17. The Council is executive body of the organization and will plan work program under the rules of this organization. The council will be composed of one Director-general, several deputy director-generals and several directors (Who are appointed by their companies and have title of vice president and above in their companies.), one secretary-general, and several deputy secretary-generals.
18. The Council's Duties are:
a). to convoke General Assembly, and fulfill working and financial reports;
b). to execute resolutions of the General Assembly;
c). to elect and disqualify director-general, deputy director-generals and secretary-generals;
d). to decide on the establishment and closing of offices, branches and representative organs and to report registration to Hong Kong Registrar of Societies;
e). to appoint and dismiss deputy secretary-generals and the leaders of branches and representative organs;
f). to lead all the working groups in this organization;
g). to set up internal management system.
19. Director-general is responsible for organizing general assembly and foreign exchange & cooperation matters. Leaders will be chosen from all directors are in charge of financial, meetings, standard-setting, advocacy and other services. Council's secretary-general will guide the Secretariat of APOL Council.
20. Experts from around the world, government officrs and the people with major contribution will be invited and/employed by the organization as honorary director-generals chairman or adviser.
Chapter 5. Asset Management and Usage Principles
21. The sources of funding:
a). member fee;
b). Donations and government subsidies;
c). Interest, incremental value income and other legitimate income.
22. Funding will be used for office lease, cost of renting meeting venue, conference organizing expenses, management fees, purchase of office equipments and supplies, staff salaries, communication fees et. al. This organization has a strict financial management system by law to ensure that all the accounting information is legal, true, accurate and complete.
23. The Council will make the final termination whether the organization should stop completing its goal, dissolving or separating, and merging for various reasons. Before the termination, clean up the credits and debts under the guidance of related agencies. During the liquidation, no other activities are carried out other than liquidation. This organization is terminated by means of the cancellation of the registration procedures by social groups.
24. These regulations will come into effect if passed by the General Assembly and filed by the Registrar of Societies in Hong Kong.
25. If this regulations run counter to the Hong Kong laws, regulations, rules and related policies, Hong Kong laws, regulations and rules prevail will be take as final. The Council will be authorized for interpretation of the regulations.
Will be passed by the first general assembly of APOL
on May 9，2009